Entering drug rehab can make even the toughest person feel a little panicky because they do not know what to expect. We understand this feeling because nearly all of our staff has walked in your shoes at some point in their life. As fully recovered addicts we can remember back to our first hours and days entering Narconon Fresh Start and wondering what was going to take place.
When you first arrive you will be greeted and made to feel comfortable and at home. Our staff is highly skilled at the process of drug and alcohol withdrawal and will be able to attend to your specific needs, often before you even experience requiring something. Narconon Fresh Start has decades of experience helping people just like you get off drugs and back into the life they are meant to be living.
We will conduct a complete personal and physical history with you going over many key points.
- Your personal drug use history, current drug use and previous treatment experience.
- What medical conditions you are aware of: hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, past operations, etc.
- Your social history: Are you single, married or divorced? Do you have children? Grandchildren? What is your family and home life situation?
- What specific circumstances lead you to seek treatment at this time?
- A physical exam is conducted by a medical professional reviewing your blood pressure, pulse, skin, head, heart, lungs, abdomen and nervous system. The physician will look for needle track marks, skin rashes and evidence of infection with clients who have a history of injection drug use.
- Lab tests will be conducted checking your blood count, blood sugar, liver function, kidney function and a TB skin test. Clients with a history of injection drug use take a Hepatitis B and C test along with an HIV test. Women of childbearing age will take a pregnancy test. Pregnant clients will have their program modified in order to accommodate their needs and that of their developing unborn baby.
Once a treatment plan has been created for you it is time to begin your withdrawal process. When you are no longer experiencing withdrawal symptoms you are ready to begin the Narconon Fresh Start life training and education series of the program. During this time you will go through our New Life Detoxification program to fully detoxify your body from the inside out.
Clients enter our program living a life filled with chaos and controlled by drugs and/or alcohol. When they complete our program they leave feeling a strong sense of personal integrity, direction and purpose. You can experience these powerful life changing effects by choosing to enroll in Narconon Fresh Start. It’s time to get your life back and we can help you get there.