Because not every person will benefit from the same type of drug rehab treatment there are a variety of methods, philosophies, duration of care and locations to choose from. Narconon Fresh Start is one of the most successful drug rehab programs available today. This is not because our treatment techniques are the quickest or easiest, because they aren’t. We are the most successful and sought after drug rehab program because our clients achieve lasting results. In our field, providing a successful service can mean the difference between life and death. Some program participants have been through other treatment facilities before; not just one time but multiple times. They find that they are at their whit’s end and loosing hope that they will ever really be able to conquer their addiction problem.
Here is a brief overview of other treatment programs:
- Residential Drug Treatment: Residential treatment involves living at a treatment facility while undergoing intensive treatment during the day. Residential treatment normally varies from 30-90 days.
- Medical detoxification: Admission to this level of treatment requires an assessment, and is only the first step in drug addiction treatment. Sometimes medical detox is started from a trip to the emergency room due to overdose or drug related issues.
- Partial hospitalization: This relapse prevention treatment program usually meets 3-5 days a week, 4-6 hours per day, and is for people who require medical monitoring on an outpatient basis.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Usually meets 3 days a week and 2-4 hours per day. These relapse prevention illegal drug treatment programs are often scheduled around work or school.
- Counseling (Individual, Group, Couple, or Family Therapy): Works best in conjunction with other types of drug addiction treatment or as follow up support. Looking at your issues from a different perspective can help to identify the root cause of your drug usage and can be beneficial in helping you learn how to make more constructive choices in your life.
- Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous: Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous meetings often referred to as AA or NA are informal meetings held in your local area. AA/NA has branches all over the country and in almost every city nationwide. These meeting are based on the twelve steps of recovery and many addicts and alcoholics have found free and effective help at these meetings. However, AA and NA are not “treatment.” They are not supported by any medical professionals.
- Sober living: This type of drug addiction treatment is normally done after more intensive rehabilitation such as residential treatment. Sober living facilities are useful if returning home too soon after rehab might trigger relapse or the recovering addict has no safe, drug-free home to return to. Sober living homes are comprised of recovering addicts who support each other, and provide an alcohol and drug free environment.
Narconon Fresh Start is a long-term, inpatient, residential drug rehab program. We know that drug and alcohol addiction is NOT a disease and NOT something that can be handled in a matter of days or weeks. We address addiction for what it really is; a physical and mental problem that has to be overcome with underlying issues that need to be resolved. Program participants work on building up their self-esteem and self-confidence. This shows them that they are NOT powerless, but truly powerful over themselves, their choices/decisions and their actions. The Narconon Fresh Start rehabilitation philosophy is based on:
- Confronting and locating the specific causes of addiction
- Confronting and locating the many behaviors associated with addiction
- Resolving the causes and behaviors that lead to the program participants addiction troubles
Our clients may enter our program as addicts or alcoholics, but become students through the Narconon Fresh Start educational Life Skills program, and leave truly rehabilitated without the need to use the labels of “addict” or “alcoholic”.