The process of choosing which drug rehab is going to be the best program for you can be confusing and overwhelming. Most of us have no idea what to look for or the right questions to ask. As you research and assess possible drug rehab centers, feel free to ask them several questions about their program, staff, success rate, etc. Before you make your ultimate decision, make sure you feel assured that all of your questions have been thoughtfully and thoroughly answered.
Questions to ask when looking for successful drug rehab treatment:
- Are they accredited?
- Do people starting the program come off alcohol and/or drugs cold turkey, and what happens during and after withdrawal?
- How does their drug rehab differ from other programs?
- How is the transition from the drug rehab back into mainstream society structured?
- How long will it take to complete their program?
- How much will recovery treatment cost?
- What are the administrators’ and staffs’ credentials?
- What drug rehab services are covered by health insurance?
- What types of programs (educational, health and wellness, etc.) are available at their specific rehab?
- What is the degree of family involvement in their recovery program?
- What is the drug rehab center’s philosophy on addiction?
- What is their success rate?
- Generally speaking, what types of people do they treat (e.g., ages, men and/or women, socio-economic profile)?