Lots of hard nights lead to today. I woke up feeling great and had no bad dreams last night. My bad dreams had been holding me back and making every day hard. Today I successfully got my supervisors pass for my course 1-4 starting to work and get a lot done.
Many of our program participants here at Fort Collins New Life Center enter with sleep issues and trouble focusing during the day. Through the course of drug withdrawal, our total body purification process (New Life Detoxification Program) and the education they receive while studying, the personal issues they entered the program with are resolved. We think of our program participants as students as they learn and study life skills and techniques they never learned in school. As their time is spent learning new effective ways to handle stress and communicate effectively they are building up their self-confidence and new found life skills.
Because not every person will benefit from the same type of drug rehab treatment there are a variety of methods, philosophies, duration of care and locations to choose from. Narconon Fresh Start is one of the most successful drug rehab programs available today. This is not because our treatment techniques are the quickest or easiest, because they aren’t. We are the most successful and sought after drug rehab program because our clients achieve lasting results. In our field, providing a successful service can mean the difference between life and death. Some program participants have been through other treatment facilities before; not just one time but multiple times. They find that they are at their whit’s end and loosing hope that they will ever really be able to conquer their addiction problem.
Here is a brief overview of other treatment programs:
- Residential Drug Treatment: Residential treatment involves living at a treatment facility while undergoing intensive treatment during the day. Residential treatment normally varies from 30-90 days.
- Medical detoxification: Admission to this level of treatment requires an assessment, and is only the first step in drug addiction treatment. Sometimes medical detox is started from a trip to the emergency room due to overdose or drug related issues.
- Partial hospitalization: This relapse prevention treatment program usually meets 3-5 days a week, 4-6 hours per day, and is for people who require medical monitoring on an outpatient basis.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Usually meets 3 days a week and 2-4 hours per day. These relapse prevention illegal drug treatment programs are often scheduled around work or school.
- Counseling (Individual, Group, Couple, or Family Therapy): Works best in conjunction with other types of drug addiction treatment or as follow up support. Looking at your issues from a different perspective can help to identify the root cause of your drug usage and can be beneficial in helping you learn how to make more constructive choices in your life.
- Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous: Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous meetings often referred to as AA or NA are informal meetings held in your local area. AA/NA has branches all over the country and in almost every city nationwide. These meeting are based on the twelve steps of recovery and many addicts and alcoholics have found free and effective help at these meetings. However, AA and NA are not “treatment.” They are not supported by any medical professionals.
- Sober living: This type of drug addiction treatment is normally done after more intensive rehabilitation such as residential treatment. Sober living facilities are useful if returning home too soon after rehab might trigger relapse or the recovering addict has no safe, drug-free home to return to. Sober living homes are comprised of recovering addicts who support each other, and provide an alcohol and drug free environment.
Narconon Fresh Start is a long-term, inpatient, residential drug rehab program. We know that drug and alcohol addiction is NOT a disease and NOT something that can be handled in a matter of days or weeks. We address addiction for what it really is; a physical and mental problem that has to be overcome with underlying issues that need to be resolved. Program participants work on building up their self-esteem and self-confidence. This shows them that they are NOT powerless, but truly powerful over themselves, their choices/decisions and their actions. The Narconon Fresh Start rehabilitation philosophy is based on:
- Confronting and locating the specific causes of addiction
- Confronting and locating the many behaviors associated with addiction
- Resolving the causes and behaviors that lead to the program participants addiction troubles
Our clients may enter our program as addicts or alcoholics, but become students through the Narconon Fresh Start educational Life Skills program, and leave truly rehabilitated without the need to use the labels of “addict” or “alcoholic”.
Day 3 in sauna, it is definitely hot! I am excited to see the results and able to function 100% in my environment.
Today in sauna was easier for me, I was able to concentrate and exist in the heat more comfortably then the previous days. My body is becoming more and healthier each day.
I’m feeling better than I have in years, and I feel that the toxins are all out of my body. I can now pursue the things in life that I had believed were no longer attainable.
I stopped smoking and chewing tobacco I am sleeping solid through the night. My mental clarity has returned, and I feel like a new man after years of feeling like I was aged well beyond my years.
I feel alive and ready to conquer the world.
I am ready to pull these old toxins from my body; I am excited to do so after reading about the Sauna Program!
Find out more about the Narconon Fresh Start drug detoxification program.
Before I came to Fort Collins New Life Center I was so focused on my drug use that I didn’t realize all the things in my life that I had let slide and eventually deteriorate. Through the course of the program here I’ve found respect for myself as well as how important it is to treat those who love and care about me with the respect they deserve. I have become a much better son and brother to my family. I look forward to continuing to build the bonds I’ve stared creating while in treatment with my close family. They tell me they see such a difference in my in just these last few weeks. The changes I’m going through are exactly what I need. I’ve got a new outlook on life, new ways to handle my emotions when they begin to overwhelm me and stress busing techniques that really work. I’m grateful to the staff here at the Fort Collins New Life Center and so glad that I choose to come here.
When drug addiction or alcoholism takes hold of your life it can make daily challenges seem magnified and overwhelming to deal with. Substance abuse is a problem that so many people struggle with yet are unwilling or unable to admit that they have. If you are ready to admit that you do have a drug or alcohol problem then congratulations! Recognizing that you actually have a problem is the first step on the long road to recovery; a step that takes tremendous courage and strength.
Taking responsibility for your addiction problem without minimizing it or making excuses for yourself can be frightening and difficult but recovery is within reach. Now that you have come to the decision that you need to make some changes in your life and are committed to seeking help you can and will recover from your addiction and build a satisfying, drug-free life for yourself.
Choosing to enroll in a drug rehab program is the best decision you can make. A drug rehab will assist you along the way with the difficult and necessary changes to make a drug-free lifestyle attainable. You’ll need to identify the severity of your problem and what type of treatment options you feel will best work for you. It is suggested that a long-term inpatient program is ideal for an addicted individual who has many months and/or years of substance abuse under their belt. Making the changes you need to learn to live without using drugs or alcohol will take time. This is why leaving your day to day life behind for a substantial period of time and focusing on your recovery is important. With so much of your life spent using and abusing substances it will be a challenge learning who you are off drugs and how to handle difficult situations without choosing to get high. A person who has only just started to abuse drugs or alcohol and discovers they are having a hard time stopping on their own may find recovery in an outpatient program gives them the support they need but does not intertie with their day to day life.
Narconon Fresh Start has a network of highly effective residential inpatient drug rehab centers that address all aspects of addiction recovery. Their programs help clients through their withdrawal process, detoxification and purification flushing drug toxins and metabolites out using the New Life Detoxification Program, Life Skills Courses to educate and retrain the client on how to live drug-free and a detailed battle plan for their future once they graduate and leave the Narconon Fresh Start program. There are centers located in Southern California, Nevada, Texas and Colorado to help people from all across the country. A very high success rate means that their drug rehab program is one of the most effective in the nation and a written guarantee is given to graduates because this program is proud to stand behind their results.